- SERVICES IN GENERAL
- This agreement is entered into by and between Easy Click Solutions (this includes its agents and subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “ECS”) and the “Customer”. ECS provides the Customer with an ordering platform from which they could place orders for text books from the Publishers for use at schools in St. Lucia. b) ECS will act as a proxy for for the Customer to the Publishers. ECS will purchase the text books on the Customers behalf, handle shipping and customs clearance and deliver to the Customer at a delivery location. c) ECS shall offer additional, optional services such as text book labeling and covering,
- PAYMENT AND COSTS
- The Customer must pay before ECS places an order to the Publishers. Payments must be made via PayPal, Debit/Credit Card or bank deposit. The displayed cost of the books will be in East Caribbean Dollars (XCD) and will be inclusive of:
- Freight expenses (Estimated average)
- Import taxes, sales tax and other taxes, if applicable; (Estimated average)
- Storage fees, if applicable; (Estimated average)
- Delivery fee
- Insurance fee.(Estimated average)
- Service fee
- Optional services fee
- Merchandising fee
- Any other fees related to the procurement and distribution of the books.
Note: Fees may be added or removed at the discretion of ECS .
- Damage to or loss of an order can be reported to the Customer Service of ECS by the Customer. A claim can be approved or denied after a damage inspection is performed by ECS. Filing a claim does not exonerate the Customer to pay expenses related to the procurement and distribution of the books.
- In the event that the claim is approved by ECS, the payment to the customer shall be processed. The claim payment will be no more than 100% of the invoice value of the item.
- DOCUMENTS OF CHARGES AND COSTS
ECS will make available to the Customer documentation regarding charges and costs.
- PERMIT AND AUTHORIZATION
The Customer grants ECS unrestricted power to order and receive the text books on behalf of the Customer. The Customer grants permission and authorization for ECS to perform the necessary procedures, such as opening and verifying the contents of packages in an effort to offer complete orders, undamaged merchandise completing postal or customs forms with the purpose of forwarding the merchandise for pick up at one of the branches of ECS delivery locations as informed by the Customer. In addition, the Customer agrees to take any action or sign any document which becomes necessary to update or enhance said power. The Customer hereby agrees that ECS shall not be deemed responsible for any claims against ECS for the reception, handling, consolidation and/or shipment of merchandise, except for cases in which ECS has acted in fraudulent or grossly negligent manner.
- CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS CONCERNING TRANSPORTATION
The Customer agrees that by using this service that the books obtained through ECS will be for personal use and not for resale, in keeping with the price control laws of St. Lucia.
- FREIGHT COSTS:
The charges are based on an average shipping cost per book.
- IMPORT TAXES AND OTHER TAXES
The Customer payment to ECS shall cover the payment of all taxes and customs duties for the customs clearance of the freight/books in the country of destination. ECS will provide all required procedures for the customs clearance of the products coming from the Customer’s order.
- DELIVERY SERVICE TO DESTINATION
ECS will receive, screen, package and forward to a delivery location based in Saint Lucia. The customs charges and any other expenses incurred in the import of the goods shall be covered by the fees charged by ECS.
- RECEIPT AND DELIVERY GUARANTEE
- Shipments to Saint Lucia shall be processed within an average lead time of two to five (2-5) working days from their arrival date in St. Lucia, provided the required documentation is in compliance with all legal requirements and customs rules and with the conditions as set forth herein. ECS shall not be responsible for delays caused by force majeure or problems beyond its own control such as difficulties with the Shipping Company, customs or documentation.
- If the Customer does not collect the shipment within thirty (90) days after he/she is notified to pick up the shipment, the shipment will be at the disposal of ECS and become its property. In case of delivery service, the General Conditions Delivery Service apply.
- DENIAL OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PRODUCTS
ECS shall act only as a proxy. ECS shall neither be deemed responsible for the books which are offered by retailers, nor for possible delays in shipment to the shipping agent/freight forwarder. ECS will ship the books which are received by the shipping agent/freight forwarder on behalf of the Customer to the chosen delivery location.
The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold ECS harmless from any claim, loss, fine, tax or complaint for damages, brought by a third-party against ECS as a result of the shipment to the Customer.
This Agreement can be terminated by any of the parties, at any time, for any reason whatsoever.
- APPLICABLE LAW
This agreement shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Saint Lucia. All disputes that may arise from this agreement will be submitted to the Court of Justice in first instance of Saint Lucia.
- AMENDMENTS TO CONDITIONS
ECS reserves the right to amend or supplement these conditions. Except where agreed or provided for otherwise, amendments or additions will apply until further notice as made known by ECS.
In case the Customer wishes to submit any other document, notice, comment, suggestion, he/ she can also use the ECS website www.easyclickbooks.com or email: [email protected]